Sunday, August 29, 2010

My Parents

So, day three is supposed to be about my parents.  This will probably be short.

My dad is Ned.  He grew up in Norfolk, VA - boy how I loved the house he grew up in... especially the secret staircase and Green Green Island.  He lives in the 'Sip now.  I moved here after my divorce because I felt like I needed to be by a parent and my mom was in Wisconsin and I do. not. like. cold weather 15 months out of the year.

My mom is Kathy and she grew up in Buffalo, NY.  She now lives close to Green Bay (go Pack).  She was a stewardess and dad was a pilot - that's how they met.  They had my brother and I.  We grew up in Miami, FL, the greatest city in North America.  We had a great childhood, for the most part.  We ran around barefoot and played flashlight tag with Christi and John, we had the greatest dog in the world, Holly.

They got divorced when I was 15, I think.  That was a really hard time for me.  I was embarrassed but I was happy but I was sad and the same time.  My dad got a job with Fed Ex and moved to Memphis.  I really missed him. 

Anyway, they both got remarried and life goes on.  They have both been very supportive of me.  I love them with all of my heart.  They have had my back and they both love me so much.  I mean, look at me, who can't love me?  Okay, well I can name two people off the top of my head who don't but, I don't love them either, so it's okay. 

that's all I'm saying on this subject.  I hope you are having a great Sunday.  My stomach is upset and I'm not feeling great today, but it's raining and we're just going to watch movies all day.

Tracy~

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Ok, soooo, You skipped day 2's topic....you gotta make that one up! :)
Also, why did I never know that your dad was a pilot and your mom a stewardess? Wow. Totally cool.
Hope you feel better!!

D said...

Hope you feel better. A pilot and a stewardess? That is cool!