Saturday, September 25, 2010

My Favorite Birthday

This one is easy!  I turned 32 and my boys and our neighbor Hynsookie took charge.  It had to have been a Saturday or Sunday.  I had baked myself a cake that morning and later that afternoon, I decided that taking a nap was what I deserved most (surprise)!  So, I went upstairs and tried to sleep, I could hear the boys planning but couldn't hear what they were saying.  There was a lot of whispering as they tromped up and down the stairs.  Finally, they couldn't take it anymore and knocked on my door.  They told me to close my eyes before I opened the door.  When I did, the whole staircase was decorated with curly cue colored pipe cleaners.  There was even a dollar taped to the wall!  I came downstairs, amazed at the creativity they used with our crafts.  They had even cut the cake and I had a whole plateful of cake with every candle they could find on it! 

That is definitely my best birthday and one of my favorite memories.

I do have to add that my second favorite birthday was when I spent my birthday in Gatlinburg with the kids - I think I was 35.  We had a great time and my girl Kathi came and brought me cute gifts and a cake.  I am so blessed!

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Thats a great birthday...I remember that kid...what did you call him? It always made me laugh.
I cannot believe that I can't remember that cake and stuff. What is wrong with me? And where are the pics?? Lord, Im getting old.